.

.

6/28/12


MONDAY DATE NIGHT #2 // 2 coupon clippings + a gift card = popcorn and a movie!

6/28/12
movie night 5
movie night 4
movie night 3
movie night 2


We saw Brave this week for our Monday date night.  I didn't know how much of a coupon clipper Taylor was a coupon clipper until we got married.  I've never really been one for coupons- I hate junk mail, and never have the patience to sift through everything, let alone cut portions out and save them and remember to bring them places!  However, if someone else does the work for you, well then coupons are great! You end up doing things you don't always do and for less money.We also used our gift card from my dear friend Hanna :) Thanks so much Hanna!

 We originally were going to try and catch the matinee, but didn't get there on time, so we caught the next show which was a 3d showing. I've never seen a movie in 3D before, but I always hear that it ruins the movie, so I figured I wasn't missing much.  After seeing for myself what it was like, I think I could do without it, but it was still fun to try on the glasses and satisfy my curiosity!  

movie night 12
movie night 13
movie night 7
movie night 6

I didn't hate the movie, but I wouldn't say I loved it either. I was totally charmed at the beginning, and then it started to go off into too many undeveloped directions for me towards the end.  Although the animation (at least to my untrained novice eyes) was pretty great... that hair! wowowow.  It definitely made me want to watch Up and How to Train Your Dragon again!  I loved those!

It was also interesting to note how much animated movies have evolved since I was a kid. I remember waiting all year for Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Lion King, Pocahontas.  Gosh those were great- but definitely of a different era.  Every movie was always centered around an epic romantic love story in some way, but it seems that "finding true love" is starting to take the backseat and that we are inching away from that more and more.

Oh! and we saw someone "famous" but I can't actually remember his name.  (I guess that tells you how "famous" he actually was!).  Taylor knew his name, I'll have to ask him again. He was in the dad of one of those family shows during the era of Family Matters, Full House etc..Ah! I loved those too when I was a kid!!


Anyway, date night has been really nice, I  hope we can keep it up!

4 comments:

helen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

melody, so cute!!!! LOVE how you guys got dressed up and how taylor clips coupons :) we are going to watch brave for our date night today too!!! let's plan a double date night soon, por favor!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Awesome post! I cant wait to watch Brave!!
New follower :)

www.fromsarahscamera.blogspot.com

Hanna Lo said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

juuuust used it?? :) :) glad you guys had fun! you two are so cute!! we're in socal this weekend hahah..we switched places!

BA said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love both Up and How to Train your Dragon, so good! I don't much rate 3D either, it all seems a bit blurry and I get a headache from squinting! xxx

Post a Comment