.

.

5/14/12


MOMS ARE THE BEST

5/14/12
moms day 2
moms 4

This year, I made my mom a simple bouquet of flowers for Mother's day (who knew a girl as complicated as me came from a woman who has mastered the art of loving the simple and important things), and headed over to my aunt and uncle's house to have a get together with the rest of our family. 

As  I get older, my appreciation and sense of awe that I have for moms only grows.  Talking to friends who are new mothers  definitely opens my eyes to how much work and love it is to care for children!  I know I'll never fully grasp the countless sleepless nights, blood, sweat and tears my mom undoubtedly shed to raise me and my brothers.  As you can see from this picture, I totally thought I was a princess (it really is so weird, I totally posed like that in every picture at that age).  Let's just say, I wasn't the most compliant kid.  I was always super shy and quiet around other people, but at home, it was a completely different story.  (in other words, nothing's changed)

She was and still is superwoman, and is the glue that keeps our family together.   When we were growing up, she managed to juggle working as a pharmacist, raising three children (all born one year apart!), and bringing us up in a childhood full of possibilities, creativity and imagination.  English is my mother's second language, but she taught me and my brothers how to read before they taught us in school, and both my brothers are now writers.  If there were ever a woman who could make anything work, it is my mom! I am in constant amazement at how dynamic a person she is and how she is constantly evolving, constantly growing and adapting as life has thrown our family its share of curveballs.  She is pretty amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment