.

.

8/15/12


MY FIRST ESTATE SALE FIND

8/15/12

everyday moments 3
everyday moments1


Man oh man, for people living in LA- has it been hot or what? 108/109 in our parts last week!

We took these photos while Taylor and I were checking out estate sales around Mulholland Drive. (Estate sale, as in buying people's used things, not buying estates (for thrifting noobs like me who might have needed that clarification!))  It's such a pretty area! The views are spectacular!

 I've never been big on craigslist, flea markets, garage sales etc... but decided to give it a try.   I'm looking forward to going with Frances when she's feeling better, so she can teach me her ways! I was skeptical I'd find anything I liked, but I ended up getting this huge frame. It doesn't show very well in the picture, but it's really big- almost up to my shoulders in height! I painted the backboard with chalkboard paint, and drew some flowers inspired by the tall flowers we saw while walking around in the first picture.

For now I have it sitting in our apartment to add some color, but I think I want to eventually get around to starting over and drawing a big calendar on the chalkboard and hanging over my desk where I can also pin inspiration and pictures on. That's the beauty of chalkboards right? Erasing and starting over- an indecisive person's dream!

estate sale 1
flower chalk
estate sale 3

7 comments:

Linda Park said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

omg! you are amazing! those flowers are legit. and that frame is amazerz too! I'm looking for a huge frame like that so I can make a full length mirror! I'm pretty short so I guess it doesn't have to be huge. :/

Emy Augustus said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love. it. And your ideas. (the frame reminds me of this one tumblr theme, where every pic posted is surrounded by a similar gold ornate frame!)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I didn't know chalk could look so amazing! I love this. And the first two photos are so dreamy and late summery. The end of summer is almost the most beautiful part of the season.

Wren

Sha said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I only just learned about the existence of Estate sales in the past year or so. What a noooobbb I am. Such a cool frame and love the idea of turning it into a chalk board. Maybe your lover can leave you sweet little love doodles and ditties on it too how cuuuuute!!!

Camille said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey melody! that frame [and sketch] are gorgeous! what a cute idea.

Just letting you know, i nominated you for that liebster award that's been going around. if you've got a moment you should check it out [along with some of the other lovely ladies nominated]. it's a cute idea :)

http://fusee-de-poche.blogspot.com.au/

Bekkah said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

that's super cute! i was actually coming to tell you i nominated you too! haha guess i overlooked your name on pocket rocket's nominee list.

have a great weekend :-]

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

love that idea, and i might just use it for my room! (o^____^o)'/"

Post a Comment