photo of view from the 74
This week was an interesting one:
- First off, to the surprise of many, the individual healthcare mandate has been upheld. I know I'm not allowed to say this after the fact, but I totally called it! Granted, it was just on a lark that Justice Kennedy would be the swing vote. Yesterday morning while Taylor was getting ready for work, he was saying something in passing about the healthcare being overturned, and I shot up for 5 seconds to say "no no, Justice Kennedy is going to be the swing vote to prove that the Court is a bipartisan institution, ok goodbye pookie have a great day at work" and then went back to sleep. But I mean wow, if you
guessed that it would be Chief Justice Roberts instead to cause the swing- well my hat goes off to you as either being the most idealistic/pessimistic person on earth (depending on what you wanted the outcome to be), or the smartest person on earth. I will buy you a
beer the next I see you.
- Praise taught me how to do the freestyle and breaststroke on Wednesday! I already knew how to get from point A to B when I'm in the water, but was never really strict about the proper form, so I was happy to finally learn! Praise is a really patient and encouraging teacher :). It was so much fun, I used to love swimming when I was a kid! My parents had a pool at our house and I'd practically live in the water when I was younger and was always super tan! My Filipino friends' moms would always be like, are you sure you are Chinese??? The only reason i stopped is because I became progressively vain and didn't want the chlorine to ruin my hair.
- Danny gave me some tips on speed reading and efficient note taking that I am trying out. A lot of it had to do with simplifying and knowing what to keep and what take out. I'm learning that that's the key to almost everything in life!
- I am thankful to my mom for giving me yummy food this week and always gives me really good marriage advice. Remind me why people get married and decide to leave their parents house again?
- Taylor's beautiful Grammy is having a birthday dinner on Sunday and I am excited to see her again!
- I made the switch to Taylor's dentist on Monday, and I am in love his dental hygenist Esther! She is so sweet! I've been trying to floss twice a day now, but last night I got home late and really didn't want to, but Taylor (who is practically the flossing Nazi) was like- Come on! Do it for Esther! which was all the motivation I needed.