.

.

6/29/12


IT'S FRIDAY!

6/29/12

photo of view from the 74

We are making another drive up the 5 for David and Becky's wedding in the Bay Area this weekend!  (Yep, that's how we do it here in Southen California. Freeways start with "the")  It's going to be a beautiful wedding and we can't wait to see them tie the knot!

This week was an interesting one:
  • First off, to the surprise of many, the individual healthcare mandate has been upheld.  I know I'm not allowed to say this after the fact, but I totally called it!  Granted, it was just on a lark that Justice  Kennedy would be the swing vote. Yesterday morning while Taylor was getting ready for work, he was saying something in passing about  the healthcare being overturned, and I shot up for 5 seconds to say "no no, Justice Kennedy is going to be the swing vote to prove that the Court is a bipartisan institution, ok goodbye pookie have a great day at work" and then went back to sleep. But I mean wow, if you guessed that it would be Chief Justice Roberts instead to cause the swing- well my hat goes off to you as either being the most idealistic/pessimistic person on earth (depending on what you wanted the outcome to be), or the smartest person on earth.  I will buy you a beer the next I see you.
     
  • Praise taught me how to do the freestyle and breaststroke on Wednesday!  I already knew how to get from point A to B when I'm in the water, but was never really strict about the proper form, so I was happy to finally learn! Praise is a really patient and encouraging teacher :).  It was so much fun, I used to love swimming when I was a kid!  My parents had a pool at our house and I'd practically live in the water  when I was younger and was always super tan!  My Filipino friends' moms would always be like, are you sure you are Chinese???  The only reason i stopped is because I became progressively vain and didn't want the chlorine to ruin my hair.
     
  • Danny gave me some tips on speed reading and efficient note taking that I am trying out. A lot of it had to do with simplifying and knowing what to keep and what take out. I'm learning that that's the key to almost everything in life!
     
  • I am thankful to my mom for giving me yummy food this week and always gives me really good marriage advice. Remind me why people get married and decide to leave their parents house again?
     
  • Taylor's beautiful Grammy is having a birthday dinner on Sunday and I am excited to see her again!
     
  • I made the switch to Taylor's dentist on Monday, and I am in love his dental hygenist Esther!  She is so sweet! I've been trying to floss twice a day now, but last night I got home late and really didn't want to, but Taylor (who is practically the flossing Nazi) was like- Come on! Do it for Esther! which was all the motivation I needed.

4 comments:

Linda Park said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Last thought made me LOL. you guys are freaking hilarious!

Rubyellen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

is it a white thing because i didn't floss everyday until i got married and ben is a flossing nazi too?! now i just feel so dirty if i don't floss and really i haven't missed a day since we got married. really!

and seriously... you're so smart. that first bullet point was over my head.

Andrea said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

melody!! i found your blog :) it was really nice seeing you at weddings! see you again in August :)

andrea

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Integrity is the lifeblood of democracy. Deceit is a poison in its veins. See the link below for more info.


#veins
www.ufgop.org


Post a Comment